Monday, May 11, 2009

I May Be Living in The Past, But It's A Damn Good Past!

"Sweet are the words of love, sweeter his thoughts; Sweetest of all what Love nor says nor thinks."

- Richard Ganett


So, as of late (or this past year, to be more precise, I think), I have been reminscing and thinking a lot about the past 2-3 years of my life, in particular 2006..

2006 was my last high school year and omg, I miss it so damn much! I just miss those after school days in which it was spent with friends doing absoultely nothing but hanging around and enjoying each other's company...  outside supermarkets on the couches... at lush green-grassed parks and domains... at each other's houses karaoking.... and just general random drives and late night beach visits~

My heart is so aching for those days again. Oh, how I would just give anything for those days to be incorporated into my current everyday life of just uni, uni and more uni.... =_=

*sigh* Miss it so much. And now hardly see or talk to those friends much with excepton to one if he wasn't overseas atm.... but yeah, I thought that since I was thinking about and "living" in the past so much, thought that I would write about and hopefully it would all be written down and not forget about it but just... I dunno...

To me, those were the best days  of my life and were the beginning of everything... if I didn't have those days, then I don't think I would be where I am now... I'm extremely (and possibly completely..) happy now but it's just those little bits of friendship that is missing.. I have awesome friends now but... well, of course it's not the same....

I'm happy and content with my life :) boyfriend. new friends. experiences. life. It's good. Just missing the past.....

7 comments:

  1. i agree
    itotally miss highschool too
    it was so fun and everyone was so carefree
    and now it's like
    why are you guys trying so hard to get ahead when you don't even have time to be right now?
    i sound old dont i haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knoww!!

    And just reading your comment made me remember some other stuff too... friends getting married and having babies...! T.T

    That seemed soo far away but now its just... so... near.. >_<

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't miss HS, per say, but I do miss that time in my life.. being young, hanging out, having fun, haha~ Now it's like work, work & more work, geeze....

    ReplyDelete
  4. nope! I don't miss HS at all! well my HS was pretty much like uni already :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know exactly what you mean. I call it the quarter life crisis lol. It's that what? I'm in my 20s? What? Life isnt simple and fun and just hanging out with friends any more? I long for those days when I thought high school would go on forever and life was nothing but a party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maggie! You have to start blogging again, I miss you!

    Thinking back about high school makes me a little sad too. You miss all those good times and no responsibilities, care-free almost. I know I miss it. Now, though, life is still exciting, it's just different, we get to experience different things.

    I agree with what you said. The past was great. Great to remember. Now is the time to act, and put your best forward to make life the greatest you can. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I knoww! I so need to n so busy with uni & boyf lol - sometimes both at the same time! >_<

    Yeah, I know... kind of wish I had both parts~ haha but yeah I think that helped :)

    ReplyDelete