Saturday, April 30, 2011

Movies I Started and Only Finished Now

I watched a few movies tonight and a couple of days ago that I won't add to my 211 list for 2011, even though it would be very helpful but won't because I don't remember if I began watching it this year or not.

Wilby Wonderful [2004]: Quite a glum and dark movie like Never Let Me Go but with a cast not so well known besides Ellen Page (that's known to me). I thought her acting was mediocre. The beginning of the movie was quite in the dark and you didn't really know what was happening until the end. At least for me anyway. I thought it moved slowly and maybe inadvertently kept you guessing...

Enchanted [2007]: Okay movie. Another title and pretty much summary of the movie would be 'A journey through Disney with Key Pointers' such as Cinderella's shoe and Sleeping Beauty's kiss. Oh, and can't forget Snow White. But in a modern setting, New York in the 2000's. It's a cute fluffy movie with a few references to classic Disney titles and the concept of happily ever after's, hope and nothing is impossible. A nice movie with obviously predictability.

The Invention of Lying [2009]: Another aptly title would be "Where All The Things We Know Come From". Pretty much tells the story of how everything came to be and obviously the introduction of lies. Pretty basic formula and oh, the realizing and meaning of something true, looking past appearances.

No comments:

Post a Comment