Saturday, February 21, 2009

A Social Butterfly.... Sorta. Kinda. Maybe..

“What do you first do when you learn to swim? You make mistakes, do you not? And what happens? You make other mistakes, and when you have made all the mistakes you possibly can without drowning - and some of them many times over - what do you find? That you can swim? Well - life is just the same as learning to swim! Do not be afraid of making mistakes, for there is no other way of learning how to live!”
-Alfred Adler

This past (and also this coming weekend, Saturday) has been quite the social butterfly going out regularly.... in the city... oh, so sucks that I'm not living there anymore. Gonna miss it.

Which speaking of which, this weekend have organised cleaning.... really gonna miss it! Oh well. The close of one door leads to an opening of another~ =]

This past week included.... a kareoke trip (so awesome! I <3 kareoke!!! :D), Blush (finally went after hearing bout it most of last year but not knowing where it is haha~ it's a nice cozy and really red-themed place) and pool (I suck! lol >.<) :] okay, so it doesn't look like much but then add on my 2 hours(!) work each day (lol), it is going into the city everyday and.... living life? :D

Yeah, lately life has been good.... especially yesterday! I applied for a job someplace and got an email/txt saying to call them... so yeah, excited~! Also, quite excited about an upcoming concert in..... THREE DAYS! Omg Omg Omg. Hehe ^^ Though I've already seen em the last time they came, doesn't stop my excitement~ excited to also see Hey Monday and All-American Rejects live!! :D :D :D :D YAYYYYYY! ^_^

And then EIGHT DAYS after that Fall Out Boy Concert, it's The Veronicas!!!! :D Excitedddd... but haven't gotten my ticket yet.... lol.. I got the FOB tickets from Trademe for $50! (RRP is $82.50! Save $40!! :D)..... I actually don't have any money (and when has that stopped me from spending! xP) but will be getting heaps from leftover apartment funds and stuff, so that should be good and that will definitely boost my income... ish.

Though. However. Atm I am not getting Student Allowance! Because I think I don't study enough papers (only doing three papers each semester this year....)... OR maybe I think it is due to my second double major papers not being approved yet... hopefully that's it coz.... well it would suck.. >.<

Anyways. Then after The Veronicas concert the following Tuesday (3rd March), a couple of weeks afterward it's The Fray!! :D With Secondhand Serenade! :O I can't wait... but yeah, I haven't gotten tickets to those yet and don't have anybody to go with to The Fray.....

So. When 24th Feb rolls around, I will no longer be a tenant of an apartment in the city.... kinda sad... an end of an era? I realized that in the past 3 years of my life, I have always living in a different home and been close to school or uni..
2006- At home, just down the road.
2007- Hostels, only a few minutes walk away~
2008- City apartment. 10-15 minutes away dependant on my speed.
So yeah... I've been lucky and well, maybe not that grateful of my situations and been taking it for granted, thinking that it will always be like that.. I have definitely learned a lot in those past 3 years.... and I don't regret anything that happened or the decisions I made. After all, everything happens for a reason :)

And my friend, which I think happens to be one of my closest and semi-longest friends, mentioned that this year would be a good year for me and I don't think I really believed him but now.... after a month of being back from China (and spending/ringing in the New Year in another country), I think this will be a good year..

- Found awesome new friends that have made me social and like just accepted me into their group~ it's good, you know who you are if you happen to be reading this ^^
- Spent the New Year in another country~ =D
- Got a job... been working reguarly/everyday since I came back!
- Maybe getting a second weekend job! :)
- And have the most awesome and greatest friends ever who when I hang out with and talk to, nothing has changed! And also specially with the rediscovering of old ones that I thought that would never speak to again...... ^.^

That is pretty much it. And also STILL gotta post about my China&HK trip... I so fail.. -___- it's nearly been a month since my return! D: I really do fail! Lol. That other time that I wanted to.... Photobucket was being a pain and wasn't working and so I pretty much lost my will to do so.. and this is a long enough post and so I will end it now.

Hope you guys have an awesome weekend!! And thanks for the comments/Valentine's Day wishes in the previous post. You guys rock! :)

5 comments:

  1. Damn girl you've been busy =P Life sounds good! I'm so happy for you. Although, random question... have you always been living alone? You sound... independent lol. As in you have freedom to be doing whatever you want, working, whatever, no other home-typey-commitments.
    I wanted to post about my trip overseas too but now it doesn't look like its happening... so its okay, we fail together =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. i started listening to the veronicas recently, they r cute girls.
    i'd love to go see the fray, too badi m not where you are =(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for checking out my blog at atlastmylove.com and your comment. Have you had a chance to check out the jewelry, yet? I have another site called runholy that you might want to take a look at also.

    So, what city are you moving away from?

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow you saved a lot from buying the ticket on trade me :0
    last year it took me more than half the semester to get student allowance sorted out (I think it came right before study break haha) but I guess it's worth all your trouble~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I KNOW! And it was sooo much more worht it (not that it would have not been if I paid full price, I would have enjoyed it nonetheless! ^_^)

    But OMG! I LOVE The Veronicas! And MetroStation! OMG. Seventeen Forever and Kelsey = _<

    ReplyDelete