Sunday, November 23, 2008

A Summary

Live. Love. Learn. Life

This entry has been sectioned for easy reading and well, actually just an easy entry for me. Coz I've wanted to blog but just not sure where to start and well, waited till now coz thought that there would be some photo-taking yesterday but there's not so oh well and yeah. And, end of the week is a good time to post and reflect and summarise :]

WORK
Work is good other than not being paid this week due to me forgetting to fill out and give timesheet to boss/finance department... T_T damnit, then realizing like after work and then going in the next day to see if I could... I couldn't =(

And from next week onwards I'll be working there everyday from 12.30 - 2.30 as opposed to just two days a week... and when I'm back in West Auckland, have to train in everyday.... it'll be like I'm going to uni! Heh... must be how its like for full-timers.... with the exception that I'll be only working two hours a day! xD

It's good. Gives me something to do since well, I can't get a new (retail?) job anyway coz of me going overseas in about a month (hmm... actually month~ four weeks!! ^.^) so yeah, this is good aand obviously I will be getting more money and hopefully paying off that damn overdraft finally. It was supposed to be like paid off um, on Thursday? My last allowance payment....? Yeah.. didn't happen -_-

UNI
I failed a paper.. It sucks, but oh well. That happens. =\ Actually got an F..... but hopefully I don't think it matters next year since I've changed like from an extended Chinese major to a double major (in Event Management).. Ahh, more work (probably?) and like more papers to pass.... well hopefully it is interesting and just realized that I never mentioned this change of plan. The paper descriptions I read seem interesting and have planned (really) small events and quite enjoyed it...... yeah, we'll see what I say this time next year. Quite proud of that small birthday celebration for a friend that I planned, but anyways, this is getting off-track..

Got results back yesterday and it was good and bad (this was just for the Chinese papers). I passed Chinese II but I failed the year-long Written Chinese paper... fcuk. Oh well. It's not the end of the world and like I said earlier, I don't think this affects my degree anymore as I don't think I need it anymore.. :] Got B- for Chinese II. Which I'm pretty happy about. My whole semester of (not-much, but much at the same time...?) study! :)

Still waiting back on a core paper, icomm. Not sure when will get those.. probably in the first week of December... hopefully earlier~

SOCIAL LIFE & FRIENDS
Social life has been alright this past two weeks, ever since I finished exams for the year. Been loved and visited by friends! ^^ That has been awesome. And hung out and caught up with a few others.. actually thinking back hasn't really been much but a lot in my book. :]

This week saw a movie with Sabrina. Went to see Saw V. Sabrina didn't think the traps/games were great.. "ametuer" in comparison to the previous ones, according to her. I thought that it was a pretty good movie, on par with the rest (but then realizing that I hadn't actually seen all of them and think even thought that was the fourth~ =_=) but yeah now thinking back, I do agree with her comment, specially in comparison to the limb torture one! AH! >_<

Also went to the beach with classmates after getting results back. That was good. The was sooo nice! Definitely gonna go again (maybe, hopefully more than once!) before I leave for HK/China!~~ :D Also got like the typical kiwi fish and chips for lunch and the girls had icecream.. that was nice. Had it at that Gelato and Sorbert shop.. think that was what it was called. Had Tiramisu flavoured icecream.. wanted Rum and Rasin (alcoholic! LOL XD) but they didn't have that flavour. Damnit. And then just laid on the beach for a while and soaking up the Vitamin D... when I got back, was feeling quite tired, maybe too much? Haha. It was great.

And speaking of alcoholic, met up with two friends, Chloe and Elaine after work on Thursday and well, ended up drinking at my place with some sushi that we made while watching some Home & Away~ ^^ It was nice. Quite excited about my friend's upcoming birthday dinner :) (plans haha.. but also means spending T_T)

Good week :)

COMING UP....

  • Friend's birthday dinner on the 5th.
  • And also before that am planning on a shopping trip to get a new dress for that birthday :) with my gift vouchers that I got for my birthday but still haven't spent :P
  • Possibly another class outing (lol) on the same day since I have like work and the birthday dinner later that nigth and it would just be poitnless to go back and so yeah, hopefully~
  • CHINA/HK TRIP! - this is the most exciting and the one I cannot wait for!! Shopping, shopping and more shopping! Oh, and of course visiting and spending time with family and relatives. And also possibly improving my Chinese ;)

And there's probably other little spontaneous things along the way in the next five weeks :) Actually, there will definitely be some more. I'd like see some movies that are coming out like My Best Friend's Girl and possibly (yes, delayed, lol) Dark Knight too.. I hear it's $8 atm.... anyone keen? (That's living in the Auckland region haha) Oooh and karaoke again too!

And, lastly, which I wasn't going to mention but maybe (actually it is) mention more indepth at my LJ (if you would like it, email me and we'll see from there :)) is the love life. Virtually, nothing to mention and nonexistent! As the saying goes, you can't have everything and when I did have one, it was last semester and my grades weren't too hot... but this semester it wasn't too hot... actually FAILED! -__- but. Not the end of the world! That was a year-long paper and soo yeah... damnit. Maybe would of had a chance if I didn't like um, pretty much fail the last exam! D:

But yes. That is my life in the past two weeks and also semester. Not much excitement or drama (no drama is great, thanks!) but was a pretty social and good year for the academics~ =]

We shall see what next year/semester brings with my changed double degree of Event Management and Chinese. I have also signed up for Student Mentors and so that should add some spice to the mix of things :) Can't believe that another year is nearly over and will be going into the new year in another country! :D How exciting! =) Although wish we were going into the New Chinese New Year over there.... money! Hahahaha XD

I will follow this up with a list of my current favourites that you might like to check out...... tomorrow n_n

Hope you all had a great year/semester and that you all go into the new year with a bang! :D (I know I will be.... kinda... maybe. Okay. Not. Lol.) But yes. A New Year Is About To Come..... ♥

3 comments:

  1. Wow I envy your ability to find so much to blog about. I can never seem to come up with interesting thing to say haha. But you did give me an idea to do a to-do list or something like that! Thanks for commenting as well. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! you're up to so much!
    i haven't done anything so far...
    have all your results come out?
    sorry about your failed paper :/
    I'm expecting at least 2 failed papers =_=;;;
    so horrible...
    i should really go find a job =_=;;;
    but i hate looking for work...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol. Really? To me it doesn't seem like much, well actually...... now thinking bout it.... it does... can't wait ~~ :)

    Just waiting on one more.... not really sure how I went on that.. that was the all-nighter haha.. or day-er lol.

    Yeah, it does suck.. I might be having to do that when i come back from overseas... seeing as I am only promised a week of work (which I have to return for! Gah! ) but, this year never really stopped looking.....

    ReplyDelete